...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT
* Locations...Interior portions of Northeast New Jersey, the Lower Hudson Valley, and Southwestern Connecticut.
* Hazard Types...Heavy Snow and Blizzard Conditions.
* Snow and Sleet Accumulations...1 to 2 feet with locally higher
amounts are possible.
* Snowfall Rates...2 to 4 inches per hour at times.
* Timing...The snow may mix with sleet at times later this morning into this afternoon. The precipitation will change back to all snow before ending this evening.
* Impacts...Dangerous travel due to whiteout conditions at
times. Several roads may become impassable.
* Winds...North 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Temperatures...In the mid 20s.
* Visibilities...One quarter mile or less at times.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds and poor visibility is likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions...making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel...have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded...stay with your vehicle.
The Montclair Ambulance Unit makes every attempt to bring the pubic the most updated information in regards to approaching storms with current storm data provided by the National Weather Service, WeatherWorks, AccuWeather, WeatherBug and various other outlets.
When possible the Severe Storm Information Center will be updated as new information is made available.
When MAU enters emergency operations for storms that will impact our coverage area updates may not be possible on MVAU.org but will be available through our social media offerings on Twitter, Facebook and Nixle.
The information provided on MVAU.org or on MAU's social media offerings are for informational purposes only and not official information, warnings or directives unless stated with source information.